Motorcycle Half Helmets:
For bikers who want something a little extra from their rides other than just moving from point A to Point B, a half shell helmet is ideal. The wonderful feeling you get when you breathe the atmosphere of the road, take in the sights while feeling the wind on your face and hear the engine of your bike roaring are incomparable. All these can be experienced with a half face helmet.
Here are some of the advantages of wearing half shell helmets:
- It provides full immersion while riding and you can feel the atmosphere around you.
- It makes you stand out and is quite appealing visually.
- It is lighter and much more comfortable to wear.
- You can have food and drinks or scratch your face without having to remove your helmet.
- Offers better visibility as you can move your head and neck with much more ease.
- You can wear sunglasses or goggles with a half shell helmet.
At the same time, there are also some trade-offs to this helmet like:
- It is less safe as it doesn't cover all of your face
- These helmets are not ideal for winter or rainy/snowy weather.
How are Motorcycle Half Shell Helmets made?
The outer shell of these helmets is usually made from fiberglass, thermoplastic or carbon fiber just like full face helmets. Molding technology is used to shape these helmets.
For the inner shell, expanded polystyrene (EPS) is generally used. EPS is lightweight and a good shock absorber with impact resistant properties.
Foam paired with soft fabrics are used to create a headlining or inner padding for half shell helmets. These materials absorb sweat and make the helmet comfortable to wear.
Eagle Leather has the best range of half shell helmets that are stylish and durable. We have helmets from the best brands such as Bell, LS2, Scorpion and more at competitive prices. We offer free shipping for orders over $69 and you can also pay in interest-free installments! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at 800-972-3572. Buy the best half shell helmets Online from Eagle Leather now!