Choosing a Helmet for Kids
Kids Helmets are specially designed to provide extra comfort while also ensuring maximum safety and protection. If you're thinking of getting one, here are some things you should keep in mind:
- Right size:
- Getting a helmet that fits your kid well is extremely important. You can try on different helmets to see which one fits you best if you're purchasing from a shop. Make sure the helmet does not wobble or move around once the strap is closed. When buying from an online store, you can take a tailor's tape to measure the size of your kid's head
- Compare these measurements with the size chart available on our website. Do note that the size charts may vary between brands. In order to provide the best protection to children, a safety helmet must cover the entire skull area, below the hairline in the back and up to the eyebrows in the front.
- Motorcycle helmets for kids from reputable brands do not compromise on safety features. Make sure the helmet you purchase is made of high-impact ABS on the outside and good quality expanded polystyrene (EPS) on the inside. In addition, it should have a clear visor in front. The helmet should have an inner lining and padding that are neither too soft nor too hard so that it fits snugly on the child's head and face.
- Brand Warranty:
- Rather than purchasing a non-branded helmet, always invest in a branded helmet that has the assurance of quality & safety along with a warranty. Kids might not be able to give a helmet the care it needs or they may damage their helmet. If your helmet is covered under a warranty, it would save you the time and effort you’d spend in getting a new one. Each brand tends to have different warranty conditions. Do check what kind of damages the warranty covers and how long the warranty period for your helmet is.
- Protection from Allergies:
- Last but not least, allergy prevention should be a top priority when it comes to purchasing children's helmets. A low-quality helmet will not have a hypoallergenic lining, which can probably cause some itching on the face and be uncomfortable for your child. Branded helmets on the other hand do come with a hypoallergenic lining which won’t react with sweat and dust, therefore reducing the possibility of itching.
Eagle Leather is the largest store in the Pacific Northwest catering to all your motorcycle gear needs. We have a wide selection of kids' helmets with light, aerodynamic shells that provide a superior fit and increased comfort for younger riders. All our youth helmets are from top brands such as HJC and LS2 and come under a warranty so you don’t have to worry about your kid’s safety. We also offer free shipping over $69. Get the best helmets for your kids now!