Int'l Motorcycle Show -- Top Five Must Sees
December 12, 2012Everything you need to know about
The Progressive International Motorcycle Show!
Plus Five Things You Must See at the Show!
We just got back from the Long Beach stop of the Progressive International Motorcycle Show, and we had a great time. We’ll be exhibiting at next week’s show in Seattle as well, and we hope to see you there. We don’t want you to miss any detail about the show, so we’re here to give you the scoop on the event and what to expect when attending on any of the three days.
What is the Event All About?
The International Motorcycle Show has been showcasing the latest motorcycle models from every major manufacturer for over 30 years. Additionally, the show features the latest motorcycle, ATV, and scooter accessories. The event also features action demonstrations, seminars, and awe-inspiring displays of historic motorcycles and memorabilia.
Who is Hosting on the Event?
The International Motorcycle Show, sponsored by Progressive, is produced by Advanstar—the world’s largest powersport trade show and convention company. You may recognize Advanstar as the publisher of Dealernews, one of the motorcycle industry’s leading trade magazines!
Where is the Show Taking Place, and How Much Does it Cost?
The show is happening December 14-16, 2012 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle. You can save 25% on one-day tickets through Eagle Leather by entering the promotional code EAGLE when purchasing tickets online at http://www.motorcycleshows.com. (Discount does not apply to online service fees.) Regularly priced day-of box-office tickets are $13 for one day, $22 for two days, and $30 for all three days. Note that you can only purchase three-day tickets online.
PARKING TIP: Save the $14 parking fee by riding your bike to the show! All motorcycles park free!
What is Some Cool Stuff I Can Do at the Show?
There are a number of awesome events taking place throughout the show. We’ve chosen these five to highlight as must-sees.
- Get your picture taken with real MotoGP bikes at the MotoGP Experience. Confirmed bikes include: Ben Spies #11 Yamaha 1000cc, Nicky Hayden #69 Ducati Corse 1000cc, Aaron Yates #20 GP Tech Suzuki 1000cc, Colin Edwards #5 NGM Forward BMX 1000cc, and many more!
- Watch SKRATCH, the Legendary Pinstripe Artist, do his thing live and in person!
- Catch motorcycle champion Scott Russell on The Podium (formerly The Learning Curve) all three days. Scott, along with other speakers on The Podium, will provide their knowledge and insight into the latest issues facing the riding community today.
- Challenge your friends in the Pit Stop Challenge presented by GEICO. You’ll want to stretch before this one, as you and a competitor will race the clock swapping tires like the pros.
- Visit the marketplace to pick up some great accessories from favorite store Eagle Leather! We’ll be there in person with some of our best inventory and a special gift for everyone who stops by to see us!
You can always visit us in store to find out more about the latest motorcycle news and events happening in our area. There is also great information about the Seattle stop of the Progressive International Motorcycle Show on the Eagle Leather Ride Guide.
We are looking forward to seeing you December 14-16!