Harley-Davidson is celebrating its 116th anniversary this Labor Day weekend at the Milwaukee Rally and H.O.G. National Rally. Festivities run from August 29 through September 1. The Harley-Davidson Museum is the hub, where you’ll find free, live performances by national and local artists and musicians all weekend long on two separate stages. In fact, everything that goes on outdoors at the Museum during the celebration is free to the public. Inside the Museum, in addition to its amazing regular exhibits, you can take in the special summer exhibit, “Daredevils: A Century of Spine-Tingling Spectacles” until September 8. Members of the Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) get free admission to the Museum and a 2019 Museum H.O.G. Pin. Hours are from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily and on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Let’s take a look at what’s planned.
Everyday from the 29th of August through the 1st of September, you can:
- Enjoy live music on two stages, including tribute bands for Led Zeppelin and ZZ Top.
- Shop for hand-crafted leathers and designer clothing, paintings and drawings, and motorcycle parts art, or just watch the artists at work. :
- Customize your ride with custom pinstriping by professional artists.
- Get a souvenir tattoo by professional tattoo artists. :
- Watch top motorcycle stunt performers do the seemingly impossible.
- Take a selfie in front of the Shed, where the Harley-Davidson motorcycle was born in 1903. :
- Sip an adult beverage in the Budweiser® and local craft beer tents or Bulleit® Bourbon cocktail; devour the offerings of outdoor food concessions or visit MOTOR® Bar & Restaurant and the CAN ROOM. On Thursday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., participate in demo rides.
Each day, the show begins with check-in and staging from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. The Harley-Davidson styling team judges the bikes from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Prizes are awarded on the beer tent stage at 4 p.m.
If you go, please share your experience on the Eagle Leather Facebook page.