Industrial Strength Leather Preservative
- Provides Industrial Strength Protection to Work Boots
- Made With Obenauf's Unique Beeswax/Propolis Suspension Formula
- Beeswax Cream Melts When Applied By Hand & Buffs to a Shine
- Originally Developed For Wild-land Firefighters Boots
- Heavy Duty LP (Industrial Strength Leather Preservative) is Proudly Made in Idaho
What Is Heavy Duty LP?
An industrial strength leather preservative paste best used for conditioning full grain leather, top grain, and nubuck. Made with natural oils, beeswax, and propolis to create a smooth cream/paste that melts when applied by hand. The beeswax, in our leather preservative, provides a protective barrier on the outside, while the natural oils are absorbed into the leather. A true leather preservative and conditioner, Heavy Duty LP restores lost oils, provides protection from moisture and dirt while still allowing leather to breathe.
Benefits of using Heavy Duty LP:
- Is odorless after applied (very important for hunters)
- Restores sun-faded leather
- Resists scuffing and dry rot
- Applies easily with a clean cloth
- Penetrates deeply into leather
- Can be buffed to shine or polished over
- Contains no harmful silicones, petroleums, solvents, or neatsfoot
- Is approved for Gore-Tex footwear
A Leather Preservative Paste Designed to Protect Work Boots
Our Heavy Duty LP provides industrial strength protection to keep work boots looking like new as long as possible. Applying leather preservative on a regular basis can double the life of most leather work boots used in extreme conditions such as, welding, farming, hunting, hiking, biking, horseback riding, inside factories, and outdoor workers like, lineman, trail builders, firefighters, ranchers, etc.
Don't need to preserve leather boots? Heavy Duty LP resists water, preserves, restores, and conditions leather shoes, belts, holsters, sheathes, saddle bags, tool pouches, and athletic gear. Not just a leather preservative, apply Heavy Duty to clean, warm, cotton oilskin dusters and hats to re-waterproof.
Leather Preservative Originally Developed for Wild-land Firefighters
Originally developed for severe working conditions of Wild-land Firefighters to preserve leather boots and provide heavy duty protection, naturally! Wild-land Firefighters boots are subjected to heat, steam, wet ashes, and fire retardants. If left untreated (without leather preservative), these conditions can ruin expensive boots faster. Obenauf's® Heavy Duty leather preservative paste provides a beeswax barrier to resist heat, chemicals, and moisture while replacing lost oils.
For tips on applying leather preservative, see the instruction videos below provided by Leather Crafter, Woodlander North.
- SKU: 103
- UPC: 610372010301
- OUNCES: 8
- GROSS WEIGHT: 9 ounces
- DIMENSIONS L x W x H: 3 1/4 inches wide, 2 1/2 inches tall
Applying Heavy Duty LP To Work Boots
- Test leather preservative in a hidden area if color change is a concern
- 1 ounce should provide 1 application to tall boots
- Apply every 6 to 8 weeks by hand (hand application melts leather preservative aiding in absorption and even coverage)
- Apply leather preservative at room temperature to clean, dry boots
- Allow 1 hour between treatments and buff off excess
- Two applications last much longer in wet conditions