Safety Tip of the Week
Routine Bike Checks
No matter what you’ve named your motorcycle—and even if you haven’t—you should make some checks before you get on your bike:
- Check tires for cracks, bulges, or signs of wear. Check tire pressure.
- Look under the bike for any grease or oil, which would be a sign of leakage.
- Test you high- and low-beam headlights, turn signals, and taillight.
- Weekly check hydraulic and coolant levels.
Once you’ve mounted your ride:
- Make sure the clutch works smoothly.
- Test the throttle to see that it snaps back when you release it.
- Clean the mirrors and adjust them.
- Test the horn.
- Be sure both the front and rear brakes feel firm and hold the bike stopped.
And away you go!
Stay safe out there!